The Hotly anticipated Citroën DS3 Cabrio Racing is now on sale with only 10 RHD
Buyers will need to move fast, there run is ultra-limited, just 100 cars will be built worldwide. Only 10 right hand drive models will come to the UK priced at £29,305.
Building on the acclaimed DS3 WRC and DS3 Racing. The Citroën Racing team have developed the refined DS3 Cabrio to create a limited edition that combines sporting performance, dynamic styling and the pleasure of top-down driving.
Read the Drive.co.uk review of the Citroën DS3 Cabrio
Under the bonnet, DS3 Cabrio Racing’s 207hp four-cylinder 1.6-litre THP engine – the same as in DS3 Racing – delivers 30% more power and 15% more torque than the standard THP 155 unit on which it is based. 0-62mph is achieved in just 6.5 seconds and, where it is safe and legal, the model has a top speed of 145mph.
Further Citroën Racing mods include:
- Re-mapping of the engine control unit (ECU)
- Modified sports exhaust system & sports silencer
- Modified turbo system with integrated carbon-trimmed components & specialist motor sports equipment
- High-performance suspension with adapted front & rear shock absorbers (to handle the increased power)
- Widening of the front & rear tracks by 30mm – plus lowering the car by 15mm
- Revised steering mapping & a modified steering control system
- Up-rated braking system, including 4-piston racing callipers at the front
- Switchable Electronic Stability Control programme (S.ESC) to complement the sports handling, which can be deactivated according to the driver’s preference.
Striking to look at, DS3 Cabrio Racing sets itself apart with sports detailing and a dynamic colour scheme, offset by hints of carbon fibre – synonymous with motor racing and performance. The Moondark Matte Grey body colour, Black fabric roof and 18-inch Brilliant Black ‘Nemesis’ sports alloy wheels – complemented by Brilliant Red DS logo centre caps and red painted brake callipers – underline the performance styling. There is even a Brilliant Red vertical stripe down each of the doors.
The colour scheme continues inside the cabin with Alcantara® trimmed and embossed Citroën Racing seats with Brilliant Red stitching and headrest inserts. The Moondark Grey dashboard also features a Brilliant Red vertical stripe. A numbered plaque, positioned in front of the gear lever, highlight’s the model’s limited edition status.
DS3 Cabrio Racing is based on the top level specification DSport trim, which includes LED daytime running lights, automatic digital air conditioning and rear parking sensors. The model also features the eMyWay Signature pack, which includes an RDS stereo radio/MP3 compatible CD player with steering mounted controls as well as a Bluetooth® system with USB socket and eight speaker HiFi system.
Share the Citroën DS3 Cabrio Racing
Recent Citroën Posts
Citroen C5 Aircross ReviewedAugust 1, 2019
The Citroen Berlingo 2019, practical, chunky, quirky and funkyMarch 6, 2019
Citroen Cactus Hatchback – Not an SUVMarch 4, 2019
ŠKODA, cheers to the first 125 YearsApril 6, 2020
VAUXHALL’S DECADE-A-DAY – 1 – The Vauxhall 5hp Light CarApril 2, 2020
The perfect vehicle for apocalyptic survivalApril 2, 2020
Recent Car Image Galleries