Making its debut at the 85th International Geneva Motor Show
The track dedicated 1000PS McLaren P1™ GTR will be presented with only minor modifications to the concept presented six months ago.
One change is the livery that will be shown at Geneva. The livery will available to the fortunate few joining the McLaren P1™ GTR Driver training programme, that gets underway at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain later this year. The design is homage to the yellow and green McLaren F1 GTR, chassis #06R, which claimed its own place in history as one of the five F1 GTRs that dominated the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the historic debut by McLaren 20 years ago.
Design concept to the track
The McLaren P1™ GTR has finished an extensive and intense testing schedule across the world. The unveiling of the Design Concept took place at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance last summer. This has produced enhancements to the original design to optimise aerodynamic performance and cooling.
- Makes the transition from concept to production with track tested modifications
- Tuning in development results in 10 percent more downforce than the McLaren P1™ road car
- Lightweight components and motorsport technologies trim a further 50kg
- McLaren P1™ GTR Driver Programme confirms first locations
- Geneva Show car livery inspired by iconic McLaren F1 GTR, chassis #06R
- McLaren P1™ GTR will premiere alongside the recently announced McLaren 675LT
View the Gallery of the Latest Images of the McLaren P1™ GTR
It's Good to Share
McLaren GT and 720S, yes pleaseJanuary 14, 2022
McLaren 720S Performance, wow with a capital WOctober 20, 2017
The McLaren 570S Spider a day of rapturous pleasureJuly 25, 2017