At last a good read about the whole dune buggy scene.
From their earliest beginnings as a crude off-road vehicle in the 1920s, to the explosion of glass fibre-bodied and VW-based fun cars that became the cult transport of teenagers everywhere in the 1960s and 1970s.
The book features histories, production details, dates and identification tips for over 70 US and UK buggies, the book will help identify the many marques that have been produced over the years. Using period photographs and archive material, combined with amazing contemporary photography, the book is a visual feast, and also contains sections on buggies and celebrities for those that want to spot pop stars, TV hosts and racing drivers posing with period vehicles.
£25, $39.95 Amazon £21-25
- At last! The complete A-Z guide to American & British Volkswagen-based Dune/Beach Buggies for all VW enthusiasts
- Over 100 individual makes of Buggy described and pictured
- Each entry gives model description, technical specification, identification tips & historical information
- Many previously unpublished photographs
- Written by a leading authority on Buggies, who also gives an introduction to the Buggy cult
- Contains advertising & promotional material never seen before
- Features a unique section of celebrities with their buggies
- Universally accepted as the ‘bible’ for all buggy owners
- Includes an introduction by Bruce Meyers – the buggy founding father
- Fully updated and revised since the original edition