If you’re keenly passionate about cars, or even if you just view them a a method of conveniently getting from A to B, chances are you’ll have heard something in the news over the last week or so about the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.
That being the case, out-of-this-world cars like the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, the new Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, Bentley’s first take on the SUV market with their EXP 9 F concept car and the one-off new Lamborghini Aventador J roadster might well have fleeted in and out of your consciousness.
Let’s face it, only a small handful of people will be able to afford cars like those. So out of all various manufacturers’ makes and models which appeared at the Geneva 2012 Motor Show, which ones do we here at Warrantywise reckon are worth noting as realistic purchases in the near future? Here are our picks:
- The new Mercedes A-Class (which actually looks fantastic this time)
- Jaguar’s FX Sportbrake (their name for the ‘estate’ version. Will be a hit!)
- The new KIA Cee’d (new looks this time match the great handling)
- Subaru’s BRZ (hot rear-wheel drive coupe)
- Volvo’s new V40 (looks like a smaller V60 which isn’t a bad thing!)
- Renault’s electric car called the Zoe (very cute and electric for you green-minded folk)
- The 2012 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG (for those with a few more quid to spend)
- BMW’s latest M6 (not sure about the rear design, but a superb car)
- The new Audi A6 Allroad (looks great and is fairly capable off-road)
- Hyundai’s new 2012 i30 Tourer (excellent all-round family package)
- The Volkswagen Cross Coupé plugin hybrid (funky, refreshingly different looks and intentions + green)
- The Mercedes-Benz GLK (which we hope will make it to UK shores this time!)
Some other “normal” cars which showcased at the Geneva 2012 Motor Show didn’t make our list, such as the new Mitsubishi Outlander which we’re not keen on the styling of, the tiny little SEAT Mii city car which we’re sure will be a success but isn’t our blogger’s cup of tea and the revised Audi A1 and A3, which don’t look any different from the outgoing ones. The Range Rover Evoque didn’t make our list either, as it’s just a bit too showy. We prefer more serious Range Rovers, which are brilliant. These are all just our own views, though.
Here at Warrantywise, we really are into our cars. Primarily, though, we are obviously a leading UK provider of extended used car warranties. Our customer-focused plans have been carefully designed by motoring journalist Quentin Willson. We are unique in that we don’t have a sneaky betterment clause, we believe that we cover more parts than other firms, consequential damage is covered as standard, expensive main dealer rates are no problem providing you select the right level for you and your car – and there are loads of other reasons why you should come direct to Warrantywise. We look after owners with all makes and models of cars from Volkswagen and Renault cars right up to Bentley, Lamborghini and Ferrari cars – so we may well be providing cover in years to come, for cars which showcased at Geneva 2012! Visit our website at www.warrantywise.co.uk or keep your eyes peeled for our TV advert on your screens soon!